DSL > DSL Setup
Wireless Setup (Actiontec GT701-WG)
Please note: You will need to connected to the modem via Ethernet or USB from the modem to the computer before you can begin the wireless setup
- Open a web browser like Internet Explorer or Safari.
- In the address bar at the top (where you normally type a web address into), type 192.168.0.1 and hit enter/return.
- You should see the Actiontec main menu. If not, please contact us for assistance.
- Click 'Setup /Configuration'.
- On the left, Click Wireless Settings (if you don't see wireless settings, click Advanced Setup> Begin Advanced Setup> on the left, click Wireless settings).
- In the wireless settings, change the wireless from 'Off' to 'On'.
- If you would like to setup a password for your wireless connection, you can change the Security at the bottom from Off to WEP or WPA (do not choose WEP + 802.1x). If you choose WEP or WPA, click next to setup the password. After you setup the wireless password, click Save and Restart on the left, then one more time to apply the changes. The modem will then reboot itself.
- If you do not want to setup a password, click Save and Restart on the left, then one more time. The modem will now reboot itself.
- When the modem's power, DSL, Internet, and wireless lights are all on, you are ready to connect to the wireless. On the laptop or computer, find the wireless network called 'Actiontec' and attempt to connect to it. If you setup a wireless password, you will be prompted to enter the password you created. Otherwise, without a password, you will be connected.
Please note: We do not support the wireless connectivity from the wireless modem to your PC or laptop. If you are having trouble connecting to your wireless connection, you can call Actiontec for help at 1-888-436-0657.
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.