Dial-up > Setup Information
Setting Up a Dial-Up Connection in Windows XP
These are the instructions to manually setup a dialup connection in Windows XP. As an alternative you can also use our setup installation CD, or you can manually download our installation program.
- Click Start, and click Control Panel
- In your Control Panel click on Network and Internet
- In your Network and Internet Connections folder, click Network Connections under pick a Control Panel icon
- Click Create a New Connection
- At the Welcome to the New Connection Wizard screen, click Next
- At the Network Connection Type screen, click Connect to the Internet, and click Next
- At the Getting Ready screen, click Set up my connection manually, and click Next.
- You will now see the Internet Connection screen. Click Connect using a dial-up modem, and click Next
- When you see the ISP Name screen, type USFamily.Net, and click Next.
- Type your local access number (click here for access numbers). Then click Next.
- Type your username that USFamily.Net provided in the first field, and enter your password. You will then need to confirm your password by entering it again. Then click Next.
- Click Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop, and
then click Finish.
- Click the new USFamily.Net Icon on your desktop to connect to the Internet. Then click on the Internet Explorer icon to begin surfing the web.
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.