Dial-up > Setup Information
Setting Up a Dial-Up Connection in Windows 98/ME/2000
These are the instructions to manually setup a dialup connection in Windows 98/ME/2000. As an alternative you can also use our setup installation CD, or you can manually download our installation program.
- Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > Communications > Network and Dial-up Connections
- Double click on Make New Connection
- You will now start the Network Connection Wizard. Click Next to begin.
- Select "Dial-up to the Internet" and click on "Next"
- Select I want to set up my Internet connection manually and click on Next
- Select I connect through a phone line and a modem and click on Next
- Remove the check mark in Use area code and dialing rules.
- Enter your local access number and click on Next
- In the User name field, enter your USFamily.Net dialup username (generally it's something like usf-xxxx-xx).
- In the Password field, enter your password associated with your USFamily.Net username.
- Click on Next to continue.
- Enter a name for this connection. We recommend calling is USFamily.Net for use of use. Click on Next when you are ready.
- When asked to setup an email account, select No and click on Next
- Click on Finish to complete the wizard and create the connection.
- To test your connection, double click on the new connection, and then click on Dial
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.