DSL > DSL Bandwidth Management
Typical causes for allocation to Managed User Pool
Accounts that use 15gb of bandwidth during a rolling 30 day period are allocated to our Managed User Pool. This represents bandwidth usage exceeding 99% of all other accounts.
This usage is symptomatic of:
- A computer Virus
- Server use by hundreds of external users (file-sharing or BitTorrent)
- Video Streaming, movie or music downloading beyond typical Internet viewing
- Computer backup over the Internet
- Intruder access over an unsecured WiFi connection
- Dedicated usage level inconsistent with the acceptable usage contract for shared access.
As a point of reference:
- There can be 10-50 web pages or pictures in a Megabyte
- A high resolution (digital picture) is around 3 Megabytes
- A typical song, in MP3 format is around 4 Megabytes
- A movie can range from 1000 - 4000 Megabytes
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.