Connecting families, communities and businesses for over 7 years
DSL > DSL Setup
This is a configuration guide for the Netgear DGN2000 DSL modem. If you need help configuring your DSL modem to connect to the Internet, please contact us.1) Access the Netgear gateway's web interface by entering the IP address 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
2) A Username and Password screen will come up. The default User Name is admin and the default Password is password. Note: The router user name and password are not the same as any user name or password you may use. Once those fields are filled in, press ok.
3) This main status screen will appear. Click on Setup Wizard under the list of option on the left side of window. This should cause the Setup Wizard screen to appear.
4) Select No and click Next.
5) Under the basic settings area. Select No under, Does Your Internet Connection Require A Login? For both Internet IP Address and Domain Name Server (DNS) Address, make sure Get Dynamically From ISP is selected. Then click on Apply.
6) Go back to the Main Menu. Once there, select ADSL Settings. Make sure Multiplexing Method is set to LLC-BASED, the VPI is set to 0, and the VCI is set to 32. Then click Apply.