Connecting families, communities and businesses for over 7 years
DSL > DSL Setup
This is a guide to help you configure the wireless routing capability of the Actiontec GT-724WG. If you require assistance, please contact us.
2) Click on the Wireless Setup option along the top row of tabs.
3) Select On underneath the first section.
4) Change the ESSID to something besides the default "Actiontec". The ESSID is the same thing as the name of your network and must not contain spaces. Pick something that you will quickly recognize as being unique to you.
5) The Channel can be left at the default value of nine.
6) Go down to the fourth step, where you will select WPA-PSK. This enables security for your wireless network, blocking people who do not know your network password from gaining access to your wireless.
7) Enter a WPA-PSK String. It must be at least eight characters in length. This is your network password and will be required for the first time your computer or other wireless device connects to your wireless network.
8) Click Apply and you're finished.