Setup instructions for Windows Live Mail
You must download and install Windows Live Mail, you can click on this link:Windows Live Mail to down Windows Live Mail for Windows 7 or visit : http://download.live.com/wlmail
- Go up to icon with arrow on it (called menus) and check "show menu bar" by clicking on it.
- Go up to tools and down to accounts.
- Click on Add.
- Select email account and click next at the bottom.
- Type in the email address, password, display name and then hit next at the bottom, and check the box for Manually configureserver setting for email accout.
- Type in the incoming mail server which is "mail.metroprovider.com"
- Leave log on using as "clear text authentication"
- Type in the login ID(which is your email address)
- Type in the outgoing mail server which is "mail.metroprovider.com" Then change the port number from 25 to
- At the bottom, check the box that says "my outgoing server requires authentication" and then hit next.
- Click finish at the bottom.
- Click close at the bottom.
Windows Live Mail is now setup to recieve your Mettro Provider email.
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.