E-mail > Setup
Outlook 2000 is similiar to OE, so please see that instruction set on how to setup an email account for Outlook 2000. In newer versions of Outlook - 2002 (also know as Outlook XP) and Outlook 2003, please follow the following instruction set to create a new Email account.
- Open Outlook
- Click on Email Accounts under the Tools Menu
- Select View or Change existing E-mail accounts from the list and click on Next
- Remove all the previous mail accounts hosted by USFamily.net - Accounts hosted by other companies will have settings that we are not aware of and should only be removed as a last resort in the troubleshooting process.
- Have the customer enter all their info on the next page
- Enter the person's full name (or psuedo-name) - press the tab key
- Enter the person's E-mail address - press the tab key
- Enter mail.usfamily.net for both, the incomming and outgoing mail servers - press the tab key
- The User Name should fill in automatically, howerver, if they have a different domain than the default @usfamily.net (such as @usgo.net) enter the full email address - press the tab key
- Enter the E-mail password, this is the password they setup, not the password we gave them - press the tab key
- Click on the More Settings button, then click on the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box that says "My Server requires Authentication"
- Click on OK
- Click on Next
- Click on Finish
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.