How do I disconnect from the Internet when I am finished?
You will find a tiny Icon in your system tray that looks like 2 computers. Just double click on either Icon and select Disconnect. The system tray is opposite your start button and usually in the very bottom right of your screen.
Turn the Auto-Disconnect Feature ON/OFF in your Control Panel
This will ask you if you want to stay connection or disconnect, as well as watch your idle time so you are not connected for long periods of time.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Internet Options.
- Click on Connections tab > select Always dial my default connection. Make sure that the USFamily.Net connection is selected.
- Click on Settings > Advanced.
- Enter in the desired amount of time for the following option: Disconnect if idle for more than so many minutes. (20 minutes is the norm).
- Choose if you want the option (Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed) turned on or off.
- Click OK > OK > Apply > OK > and OK.
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.