E-mail > Setup
Netscape Messenger 4.x
This article will show you how to setup a USFamily.Net email address with Netscape Communicator 4.x E-mail
- Open Netscape Communicator
- Under the "Edit" menu click "Preferences"
- Click "Mail & Groups"
- Click "Identity"
- Enter your name, and your email address.
- Select "Mail Servers"
- For "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server", enter mail.usfamily.net
- For "Outgoing mail server user name" enter your email username, followed by the colon symbol (:), and then "usfamily.net". For example, if your email address is email@example.com, then you would enter example:usfamily.net
- Click on "Add"
- For "Server Name" enter mail.usfamily.net
- Set "Server Type" to POP3 Server
- Set "Username" to the first part of your email address. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then you would enter example
- Selecting "Remember Password" is recommended.
- Click on "Ok", and then "Ok again and you are finished.
Did this Frequently Asked Question provide the information you were looking for? Provide us with your
Feedback and suggestions for improving this FAQ.